Who We Serve
KTS serves over 160 students from PreK to 12th-grade. Our services and programs better serve our students and lay the foundation for them to successfully begin independent adult lives.
Our curriculum includes a full range of courses mandated by the State of Maryland and other funding jurisdictions. We make extensive use of classroom technology and assistive technology.
How We Serve
KTS prides itself on the delivery of services that exceed offerings in other schools for special needs students. Our special services include:
- Multi-disciplinary teams fully integrated into the classroom:
- occupational therapists
- speech-language pathologists
- social workers
- physical therapist
- Social skill development infused through all aspects of the student’s day
- Exciting use of computer technology–ask about our multi-modal hands-on materials and Universal Design for Learning Strategies.
- Cross-curricular integration for art, music, drama, and physical education
- The high school program is graded and diploma-based with career and technology pathway options
- Art, music, and drama classes are offered to students
- Extra-curricular activities are available to all students
- Positive Behavioral Intervention System (PBIS)
- Extensive Internship Program for future special education teachers and related services clinicians