The Nutcracker Suite
Metropolitan Ballet Theatre, in partnership with The Treatment and Learning Centers, is proud to offer a sensory-friendly performance of The Nutcracker Suite for children, families, and adults with sensory sensitivities, autism spectrum disorder, other special needs, or anyone who may benefit from being in a more relaxed environment. Appropriate changes will be made to this performance to create a welcoming and safe space for all in attendance.
- Reduced sound levels throughout the performance
- House lighting will remain on, at half level
- House rules will be relaxed – you may get up and move around, leave the house if needed, talk freely
- Devices may be used for therapeutic/communication uses (no photos of performance, please)
- Performance will be sold to only half-capacity, allowing patrons to choose their seats and have space to move around
- Extra volunteers will be in the theater to assist with any additional seating needs or to help you find an exit if needed during the performance
- Although this performance is adapted specifically to accommodate individuals with sensory sensitivities, the general public is welcome
TLC clients are invited to meet cast members on stage after the special December 8th show!